We strongly urge you to check this access statement. Alpine Lodge Guest House Buxton is a very elegant Victorian house situated in a conservation area and is believed to have been built c.1864. Period features of the house may make access difficult for people with limited mobility and is unsuitable for wheelchairs. Bedrooms are located on the first and second floors with the only access from the stairs. However, I will aim to meet the needs of all guests wherever possible.
Prior to your Arrival
- The nearest bus stop is approx 5 minutes walk on the main Terrace Road.
- Buxton Railway station is 10 minutes walk.
- Town Centre and local shops are 3 minutes walk.
- Please let me know your anticipated time of arrival to ensure I am here to welcome you.
- Arrival time is between 4 pm and 7 pm but I can welcome you outside of these times by prior arrangement.
- Private off-road car parking for up to 4 cars. The drive to Alpine Lodge Guest House is to the right hand side of the house and is on a slope. There are three on-street parking spaces usually available at the front of the house with no time restrictions. Cars left at owner’s risk.
- All guests have bedroom keys and a front door key to gain access during their stay. The front door is on a Yale lock and guests should ensure that the door is fully closed after entry and on exit. There are no restricted opening hours and guests are asked to show consideration to others at all times.
- You will be guided to your room and assisted with your luggage.
- The main entrance to the house from the road is through the front garden via a tarmac path. There are three steps up to the door and a hand rail to assist you.
- Entrance from the car park is via a tarmac path from the side of the building.
- There is a door bell at the main door.
- There is a seat in the reception area.
- The hallway is tiled.
- The reception area is on the ground floor and seating is available.
- Dining room is off the main hallway and is available for breakfast. In certain circumstances the dining room may be available for guests choosing to bring in take-away food – no hot food in the bedrooms please!
- Information booklets on local attractions, and what’s on guides are available together with timetables for trains and buses.
- The dining room is fully carpeted.
- There is a newly installed Radio Link Fire System throughout the house.
- There are 15 steps up a carpeted stairway to a small landing with an additional 3 steps to the first floor landing. There is a handrail to the left of the staircase. There are two rooms with en-suite shower facilities – consisting of power shower, wash basin and wc with vinyl flooring. One super-king double or twin and one king-sized double.
- There are 16 steps between the first and second floors on a carpeted stairway. There is a family suite – two inter-connected rooms with one en-suite shower room – power shower, wc and wash basin. One super-king double or twin room with en-suite luxurious bathroom – both have vinyl floors in the bathrooms.
- Connected to Radio Link Fire system with individual smoke detector. Evacuation procedure is displayed in each room. In the event of a fire, the alarm will sound. Please follow the evacuation procedure.
- There is a fire extinguisher on all floors.
- There is emergency lighting on both the first and second floors.
- Safety information sign for the door should any guest have mobility or hearing impairment and require additional assistance in the event of an evacuation. Please inform me on arrival.
- There is a Guest Information folder in each bedroom which gives further information about the local area, restaurants, emergency doctors and hospitals.
- Cotton bedding is used throughout. There is a mixture of either all feather duvets/pillows or all synthetic/anti allergenic – please let me know your preference prior to arrival and I will ensure that your room is made up accordingly.
- All bedrooms have a wardrobe, full length mirror, bedside table lamp(s) and central lights. All bedrooms are fully carpeted.